Acceptance and Commitment- ACT Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment- ACT Therapy is a form of Clinical Behavioral Psychotherapy that encourages accepting “Negative Thoughts” and suffering while also being committed to making positive changes. The goal of ACT Therapy is to allow the client to be more familiar with accepting the thoughts and feelings they are having as opposed to the ones they “supposed to” have. ACT Therapy is often used with individuals with anxiety, depression, self-harm behavior, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, substance use, and chronic pain. Book Online Appointment for ACT/DBT/CBT Group Therapy in Cary NC.
Piedmont Behavioral Services offer multiple ACT/ DBT/CBT Group Therapy in:
- Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Green bro- North Carolina. Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs and the Raleigh-Durham Triangle.
- Telepsychiatry Services in North Carolina, California, Florida, New York, Virginia, West Virginia.
ACT Therapy Schedule:
- Adult DBT/ACT Groups: 8:30 AM – 10 AM (Every Tuesday)
- Adolescent/Child DBT/ACT Groups: 3:30 PM – 5 PM (Every Wednesday)
Acceptance and Commitment- ACT Therapy Focus:
ACT DBT CBT are modified to meet the needs of the clients. Our Therapists do a consultation with a board certified psychiatrist to explore additional services if needed. Some of the treated conditions include the followings:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Mood Swings
- Self-Harm Behaviors
- Impulsive Behaviors
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Work-related stressors/Bullying
- Poor Coping Skills