Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
PTSD Treatment in Raleigh, Durham Cary, Apex NC is an anxiety disorder that occurs due to stressful, frightening or distressful events such as death of beloved one, sexual assault (Rape or child Abuse), Natural disasters, threat to a personal life, serious accident, terrorist incident etc. PTSD may disturb your thoughts, feelings and emotions and dreams. PTSD may have flashbacks and Nightmares or intrusive memories.
Book online Appointment by clicking button If you are in some other states of USA then visit our Telepsychiatry Services
SIGNS OF PTSD:
- Stressful dreams and nightmares
- Recurrent distress flashbacks
- Physical and emotional disturbance due to recalling that event.
- Extreme physical reactions of recalling that event e.g. Nausea, sweetening, increased heart rate.
- Feeling Isolated
- Feeling detached from loved ones
- Avoiding that certain people, situations, activities and events.
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Shame and Guilt
- Suicidal thoughts
Diagnosis of PTSD:
To be diagnosed as PTSD, a person must have following Symptom for at least one month.
- At least one or more re-experiencing symptom
- At least one or more avoidance symptom
- At least two arousal and reactivity symptoms
- At least two thinking and mood symptoms
- Flash backs
- Frightening thoughts
PTSD Treatment in Raleigh, Durham NC
- Avoiding places, events, people and things that are reminders of traumatic events.
- Avoiding thoughts of feelings related to the traumatic events. PTSD Treatment in Raleigh, Durham
Arousal and reactivity symptoms
- Difficulty in sleeping.
- Having anger outbursts.
- Feeling tense and anxious
Thinking and mood symptoms
- Negative thoughts
- Guilt or blame
- Lack of interest.
PTSD Treatment in Children: PTSD Treatment in Raleigh Durham
Symptoms of PTSD in children are different than adults. The symptoms different ages are following:
Less than 6 years:
- Wetting the bed after having learned to use the toilet
- unable to talk or less talkative.
- Over react on a scary event during playtime
- clingy with a parent or closed ones.
Between 5 to 12 years:
- Express that trauma through play.
- May have nightmares.
- Irritable mood and behavior.
- Difficulty in studying and going out with friends.PTSD Treatment in Raleigh, Durham
Between 12 to 18 years:
- Aggressive behavior
Symptoms of children with Sexual Abuse:
- Fear, Anxiety, Isolation.
- Unusual Sexual behavior
- Hurt themselves
- Lack of self worth and self behavior
- Lack of self Confidence
- Misuse of Alcohol or drugs.
Call Now 919.297.2930 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org